In the insurance industry and other sectors, digitization gives rise to technical systems that process vast amounts of data driving increasingly complex business processes. The systems also enrich this data using statistics, advanced analytics and machine learning.
There are numerous use cases for linking processes with intelligence (more modestly put: automated analytics). This includes risk calculations, flexible market pricing based on competitor analysis, diagnostic support via decision tables, similarity analyses and customer recommendations in real time, or chatbots that act as a spoken-language interface to complex backend processes.
The decisive competitive advantages gained through this technology are flexibility, adaptability and an accelerated time to market. When business processes or business rules change, certain repetitive tasks and trained machine learning modules can be reused.
The challenge: Infuse business processes with intelligence and generate executable workflows.
- State-of-the art digitization via a robust and expandable Camunda workflow and decision engine
- Faster time to market by directly mapping graphical process notations to executable workflows
- High flexibility thanks to a consistently workflow-driven software design
- Fast integration into existing customer systems via a library of interfaces and additional functionalities (“metaLink”)
- Wide range of options for the tight integration of intelligent components: from rule engines and chatbot dialogs to advanced analytics and machine learning-based decision-making processes
- Customers gain full control of the product and operation thanks to open-source design
- Uniform deployment on different infrastructures, from cloud to blockchain
metaLink is a powerful toolbox that allows you to implement AI-driven process automation. A functionally enriched workflow and decision engine based on the open source platform Camunda makes it possible to efficiently integrate business logic into your existing system components and enrich it with advanced analytics or AI. Design processes graphically in BPMN (Business Process Modeling and Notation) and combine them with DMN-compliant (Decision Model and Notation) decision tables, and use the result to quickly generate executable workflows. You can interact with these via a traditional graphical user interface or using chatbots.
The added value is plain to see: Improved efficiencies through the flexible, adaptive design of complex, microservice-based software systems. And thanks to the open source license, you retain full control over the further development and operation of the systems.
We are continuously expanding the framework to meet evolving customer requirements. Seamlessly integrate it into your existing system landscape, and take advantage of the many applications and options of intelligent automation.
- Kernel extensions: flexible and freely definable data model for the interaction between process steps and separation of the system and application layer for error handling and logging.
- Generic delegates – cross-customer add-on functions and interfaces (APIs): PMML (Predictive Model Markup Language) can be used to integrate advanced analytics and machine learning modules at any point in the process. The Drools rules management system extends the existing DMN engine. This makes it possible to infuse chatbot dialogs with extended intelligence via BPMN tasks. We furthermore implemented database connectors as well as a Salesforce interface and are currently working on integrating this into various blockchain stacks.
- Specific delegates – client-specific enhancements: Integration with identity management or existing backend systems.
Continuous integration is an essential part of modern, agile system development. Our DevOps experts provide you with continuous deployment to various cloud infrastructures.
Business Process Analysis and Modeling
- Analysis of the business processes in collaboration with your analysts
- Modeling in BPMN
- Definition of decision tables
- Optional: Tool-driven automatic process analysis and mapping to BPMN
- Mapping business processes to executable metaLink workflows between system components, taking into account business and technical error handling and logging
- Definition of the data model and the data structures exchanged between workflow steps (tasks)
Development and integration of AI models
- Definition, implementation and, where needed, training of suitable advanced analytics and machine learning models
- Integration in metaLink tasks via PMML
- For more information, click here
Implementation of Tasks (Capabilities) and System Integration
- Implementation of locally executable tasks incl. access to databases
- Implementation of access to external systems or from external systems via the interfaces provided with metaLink
- Design and implementation of communication from and to GUIs
Continuous Deployment, User Acceptance Test, System Integration Test
- Creation of the continuous integration or deployment toolchain
- Deployment and system integration test; testing of the interaction of the various solution components
- User acceptance test (UAT), acceptance test in cooperation with the customer
Our success is our customers’ success.
Would you like more information?
Dr. Matthias Besch
metafinanz Informationssysteme GmbH
Leopoldstrasse 146 | 80804 München, Germany
Tel. +49 89 360531-0